Sunday, December 22, 2013

And like *that* our first month in Lausanne has come and gone.  4 weeks ago today we were headed to Dulles in a car packed with a half-ton of luggage.  Since then we've managed to get all of that luggage into a few cars and airplanes, and up and down 5 flights of stairs more than once.  We've muddled our way through pages upon pages of bureaucracy, and have had many a conversation in the best Frenglish you've ever heard.  In short, it has been an invigorating, challenging, and adventuresome month. 
 
I'm happy to report that we are now settled into our apartment, and are all squared away at the clinic where I'm due to give birth any day now.  We're just one or two more confirmation letters away from being real residents of Switzerland, with ID cards, train passes, phone numbers and even a Swiss bank account.  I'm not completely sure how we did it, but somehow it has all come together!
 
I can't quite imagine what the next 12 months will bring, but I will do my best to keep you updated here on how things are going. You can also follow Marshmallow's perspective on school and other life changes here:  http://imdexperience.blogspot.com/